Badian is located in the South West of Cebu City. It is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 Census, it has a population of 37,912 people. Badian is 98 km southwest of Cebu City. Badian is bordered to the north by the town of Moalboal, to the west is the Tañon Strait, to the east is the town of Dalaguete, and to the south is the town of Alegria.
Aside from the famous waterfall that is known internationally, there’s an extreme adventure too that is lurking from behind that awaits every traveler to have fun and enjoy the ultimate Badian canyoneering adventure. Badian isn’t just famous because of Kawasan falls now that the canyoneering activity is also gaining lots of attention both from locals and foreign travelers.
Getting to Badian
- From Cebu City, take any public transportation or taxi to take you to South Bus Terminal, just a few blocks from Elizabeth Mall (EMall).
- Inside the South Bus Terminal, ask someone where is the bus that is bound to Bato. The people in there will surely lead you to the right bus with a warm smile.
- Make sure you took the bus that is bound to Bato via Barili NOT Bato via Oslob since Bato via Oslob buses won’t pass Kawasan falls at all.
- NOTE: Take the yellow buses (Ceres), they are air-conditioned buses and the bus fare is around 120 to 150 PHP ($2 to $3). The bus ride will be around 3 hours.
- Remind the conductor or the driver to stop at Kawasan Canyoneering Headquarters at Matutinao Beach Resort, just across a roman catholic church.
Going back to the City
After having fun with your Badian canyoneering activity and you want to go back to the City immediately, you can ride a bus to take you back to the City. You just have to cross the street from Matutinao Beach Resort and ride a Ceres Bus back to the South Bus Terminal.